Catedral Primada De America
The Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor is also called Catedral Primada de América, it is dedicated to Saint Mary of the Incarnation.
Construction began in 1512 and ended in 1546, it has a total area of over 3000 square meters on three levels. Each nave is 23 meters wide and the largest is 54 meters long. The maximum height of 16 meters.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor has 14 side chapels and three doors.
- Chapel of Santa Ana.
- Chapel of San Juan Bautista.
- Chapel of the Sacrament of Beni.
- Chapel of San Pedro.
- Chapel of San Francisco de Paula.
- Chapel of the Sacred Court of Jesus.
- Chapel of Jesus in the Columna.
- Chapel of Nuestra Señora de la Antigua.
- Chapel of Our Lady of Altagracia.
- Chapel of Nuestra Señora de la Luz, de los Dolores.
- Chapel of San Cosme y San Damián.
- Chapel of Cristo de la Agonía.
- Chapel of the Virgen de los Dolores and San Miguel.
- Chapel of las Animas or Zuazo.
To visit the Cathedral and the many historical monuments of the city, the ideal is to choose a hotel in the Colonial Zone or hotel on the Malcon of St Domingo.
Location - access map to Catedral Primada De America
The Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor is located near the street Arzobispo Merino in the Park Colon, Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Share your experience, give your opinion on CATEDRAL PRIMADA DE AMERICA.
You know tourist sites (natural sites, monuments, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, beaches, caves, hikes, excursions, parks, museums...) and you want to share them and make them discover, send us all the information and will publish. Contact.
2 opinion :
- le 05/01/2017
Fantastic cathedral !!! When we think it is the oldest of the Americas. Holy Mary of the Incarnation.
- le 22/08/2016
To see during a visit of the Colonial Zone.
Average rating : 4 / 5 (2 notes)
Accessibility : 0 (0 = very easy ... 5 = very difficult)+ add a review