The beaches of the province of Santo Domingo
The province of Santo Domingo has few beaches, it is mainly the Boca Chica beach which is frequented by the inhabitants of the region and by inhabitants of the capital of the Dominican Republic.
The province of Santo Domingo is located on the shores of the Caribbean Sea with approximately 60 kilometers of coastline, there is not much beach, the coast is mainly rocky. There are 2 beaches for surfing (Guibia in the capital and La Boya in Andrés near the commercial port of Caucedo), La Caleta beach next to the Las Américas airport which is also an underwater reserve, the small Andrés beach and the large Boca Chica beach.
This province is very touristy with many hotels and aparthotels that are mainly located in the capital and in Boca Chica.
The beaches of the province of Santo Domingo:
- Guibia beach for surfing. In the 1950s you could swim there.
- Playa La Boya, which is a surf spot.
- Punta Torrecillas beach next to the naval base.
- La Caleta, which is an underwater national park and dive site.
- Andrés where the Santo Domingo Nautical Club is located.
- Boca Chica that has a great beach protected by a large coral reef. The sea is shallow and calm, an ideal beach for children and people who cannot swim well. Boca Chica beach is very popular with restaurants and bars and is very crowded on weekends and holidays.
- Caribe Beach (between Boca Chica and Guayacanes, on the border of the province).
Some hotels in the province that have dozens
Photos of the beaches of Santo Domingo
Share your experience, give your opinion on.
0 opinion :
Average rating : 3 / 5 (2 notes)
Accessibility : 1 (0 = very easy ... 5 = very difficult)+ add a review